Pombe’s Mobile Beer Application to Support Largest Craft Beer Festival in Washington, DC
Application updated with new features and Snallygaster support
Dulles, VA and Novi, MI – September 10, 2014 – Pombe, an innovative provider of mobile applications, announced today that it will be supporting Snallygaster, the largest craft beer festival in Washington, DC on September 13, 2014. Pombe has also released version 1.6 of its mobile beer application, which builds upon its last version that enabled functionality outside of beer events and the ability to support multiple/simultaneous beer events.
The new features of 1.6 include:
- Integration with Foursquare, a location-based social application,
- Phase one of an integration schedule with RateBeer, which will show users the RateBeer score on beers in the application, and
- Enhancements to the event functionality which allows event organizers to customize content (more detailed information on beers available, custom categories, price information if applicable).
“I have been dreaming of a Snallygaster app for some time now,” said Greg Engert, beer director of Neighborhood Restaurant Group and the man behind the beer list at Snallygaster, “and I am ecstatic that we were able to team up with our friends at Pombe to craft what promises to be an indispensable asset for event goers this year. This app allows our attendees to zero in on each and every beer they’d like to taste—whether based on the brew’s overarching flavor profile, its specific style, or the brewery itself—and locate each one in the lead up to, and during, Snallygaster 2014.”
Specifically for Snallygaster 2014, the Pombe mobile application will provide attendees with features including:
- Creating a wish list of tastings and sort beers by style;
- An interactive guide to locate which tent a beer is in and how much it costs; and the
- Ability to review beers at the event and publish review to social accounts.
“Releasing the latest version of Pombe in coordination with Snallygaster provided the insight of a top-tier event to bring features that will be noticed by our event subscribers and the attendees. The beers poured at Snallygaster are some of the best beers available in and out of the U.S.,” explained Derek Smeds, co-founder of Pombe, LLC.
This marks the third major beer festival that Pombe has been selected to support; past events include the Capital Ale House National Beer Expo and the SAVOR Craft Beer and Food Experience. Pombe will also be supporting the Michigan Brewers Guild 6th Annual Detroit Fall Beer Festival, October 24-25, 2014.
In its third year in Washington, DC, Snallygaster brings craft beer, fine food, and music while also serving as the largest annual fundraiser for Arcadia, a nonprofit organization dedicated to creating a more equitable and sustainable local food system in the DC area.
Pombe’s future application plans include:
- Enhanced social and privacy features;
- Event and Brewery interfaces ; and
- Long-term capabilities which will tie retail and restaurant beer menus and availability to a user’s “watch list”.
About Pombe, LLC
With company locations in Dulles, VA and Novi, MI, Pombe was founded on the principle of connecting people to businesses and events that provide them with the beers they enjoy. For more information about Pombe, please visit http://about.pombe.com/. Also, on Facebook and Twitter (@PombeApp).
# # #